Sunday, March 7, 2010

Updating EVERYTHING

So here's why I haven't posted in a while: I lost my cord to my camera right after Christmas. I finally found it last week and was so excited, ran downstairs to get my camera and well...lost the camera. On Friday, I was searching under the passenger seat in my car looking for my glasses when what did I find? My camera. I was afraid to blog because I didn't have any pictures to go with the story. Stupid. I know, but that's just how I am.
Since Christmas, there's been a lot going on. Avelyn has been sitting up on her own way before Christmas and now she's "working" on crawling even though she'll be nearly 8 months. I say "working" in quotation marks because she just doesn't want to do it. There's not even trying involved. I can put her down on the floor and PUT her on all fours. She'll wobble for a while, grunt, look at me and then fall and roll over. She HATES being on her tummy. She'd much rather be walking.
She's also go 2 bottom teeth and hopefully soon will have the uppers. I say "soon" because she's not handling this round of teething at all. We were very fortunate with the last two because she had no fever, didn't drool, and hardly complained. She still isn't drooling, thank God (Because Mom can't handle that), but she's had a fever and boy does she complain. She's not acting her normal self. PLEASE pray they come in soon!
Work life has been very hectic. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy teaching. Even teaching 9 kindergarten & 9 1st grade students, I still love teaching. I just don't enjoy the school any more. It definitely makes things harder when you work 45-60 minutes away from where you live and all you want to do is be home with your child. Jeff and I have talked about saving as much as we can so that hopefully in a few years I can stay home. That would be fabulous but definitely going to be hard to do.
Jeff's job is going well but has been very demanding. If you didn't know, he travels to west Texas every week. He use to only be gone 1 night a week, but lately with his schedule it's been 2-3 nights. Let's just say that's been very rough on Mommy (specially while Avelyn's been teething). On a good note, many of Jeff's superiors believe that Jeff will be up in Detroit within the next couple of years. I say that's good because it would me a BIG advancement for him. I'm very proud of my husband and know that he is destined for great things. He thinks that I'm kidding that he'll one day be CEO of Ford, but I'm not. He's too smart not to be. If we do move, we've agreed that I'll stay home at that point (here's to hoping!).
Anyways, there's a ton more, but I hope to be better. Can't make promises though.


No comments:

Post a Comment